Our qualifications for our Deacons are based on 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 3. They are men and women who love the Lord and are committed to serving Him.
- Married to Christina for 12 years and we have 3 children
- We have been regular attenders since May 2005, but we can’t remember the date when we became a member.
- Previous church involvement – Member of Amish church but no leadership roles.
- Became a deacon in 2012
- My current deacon duties are overseeing exterior of building maintenance and the grounds
- I am enjoying being a deacon because this is one way I can serve God.
- I have been married to my husband Rob for 34 years.
- We have 2 grown children and 5 grandchild.
- I have a member of FBC for 12 years.
- I am a fully devoted follower of CHRIST.
- I have been a deacon for 5 years.
- I love to serve my church in anyway.
Dean and I have been married for 51 years. We have 3 sons, 4 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren. I have gone to First Baptist my entire life. I was saved when I was 8 years old. I understood my salvation but didn’t realize the need to completely submit my life to Jesus until I was married with 2 young children. Dean and I were baptized and joined the church together in 1969. I started teaching Sunday School and have continued to work in children’s ministry for the last 47 years. I started out helping with funeral and fellowship dinners, eventually taking on more responsibility with them. I grew up watching my Grandma and Grandpa serve in the church. They loved the Lord and served Him with a quiet and sincere devotion. As time went by and their generation was gone, I realized that the older people in our church had lost their identity and remembering how Involved my grandparents and their generation were – Dean and I started Legacy. We called it Legacy based on Psalms 78:4 “Showing to the generation to come the praises of the Lord, and His strength, and His wonderful works that He had done”. That was the legacy my grandparents and their generation demonstrated to me and the Lord had put that same desire in my heart. I went on the Deacon board about 8 years ago with that thought in my heart and mind. I am Deacon of children’s ministry and congregational care because that’s where my Involvement has been. I count it a great privilege to serve on the Deacon board. I love each person on the board and am confident that we are all there for the same reason, our desire to serve the Lord; we seek His thoughts and ways in order for His purposes to be accomplished in our church.
George Rust and his wife Donna started attending First Baptist in January of 2003 and became members in June of that same year. George does Security and Greets during the Sunday School hour each Sunday and George and Donna sing on the Hymns team during the Sunday morning Worship Service.